Since 2012, Ignyte has been providing cyber risk and compliance solutions and services to small to medium to enterprise-sized businesses. Our Platform streamlines risk and compliance efforts and automates processes. Our release notes offer brief, high-level descriptions of enhancements and new features in each release. Notes may include tips to help you get started and best practices to ensure your continued success.
Latest release notes
v5.9 – Ezra
- Scales and statuses have been standardized across all new CMMC systems.
- Additional activity tracking within artifacts is now displayed. This allows for more insight into artifact history and user activity.
- Custom options may now be added within Categorize for any compliance system containing the Categorize option. This increases the flexibility of categorization.
- Additional values including “Partially Compliant” and “Unknown” are now available for selection in the Projected Status drop-down within a compliance system’s Mapping Intelligence. This enables a more accurate account of the control’s implementation.
- Controls are now highlighted on mouse hover, increasing assessment ease.
- Compliance system scales may now be set with the same weight. This allows the user to define equally weighted implementation statuses if desired.
v5.8 – 2 Chronicles
- SCF mappings can now be modified for each line item in the Risk & Threat sub-frameworks. This allows more control over each item in the sub frameworks.
- SCF controls have been auto-mapped for the Risk & Threat Sub-Frameworks. This reduces the configuration time of an SCF system.
- Existing Inheritance linkages can now be deleted directly from the inheritance list to improve accuracy and functionality.
- Default scales for both systems are visible in the configure attributes section. This allows the scales to be easily linked or unlinked.
- New capability to import Multi Line text box data as comma separated items in the Custom SoR upload template. This allows for more data to be uploaded in bulk using the template.
- The ‘Control Name’ character length has been increased to 250 characters.
- An additional compliance system widget has been added. This Assessed Controls widget in the System Overview area allows the user to see what percentage of controls have been assessed. This differs from the left widget, which reflects the compliance percentage.
v5.7 – 1 Chronicles
- Assets API has been exposed to increase the platform’s ability to integrate with other software.
- Artifacts can now be inherited to a child SCF system from a parent SCF system. This decreases the maintenance required for two related SFC systems.
- Suggested Framework Mappings are now shown as a tab within a compliance system’s Requirements. This increases the ability to compare frameworks. It offers visibility into other frameworks where selected control align.
v5.6 – 2 Kings
- Multi-milestone interim completion date functionality has been added to better manage POA&M remediation.
- New ability to select a value for all preconfigured drop-down fields within the Assets & Custom SoR import template. This allows for faster Asset and Custom SoR data input.
- The exportable POA&M report now incorporates open and closed deficiency items into one sheet. This increases ease and provides better overall deficiency visibility.
- An additional status for stalled POA&M items has been added to the POA&M status drop-down.
- SCAP Data can now be exported into a spreadsheet. This enhancement improves record keeping for machine hardening data.
- A new capability to notify an external user for asset notifications has been added. This allows non-platform users to be included for better asset management.
v5.5 – 1 Kings
- Single Drop-down fields for the Assets module & Sub-Frameworks have been included within settings.
- Custom SoR permissioning is now available in a compliance system’s Advanced Configuration.
- Fields can now be dragged and dropped to reorder elements within NIST RMF System Registration.
- NIST 800-171A characterization fields have been added for SSP report generation.
- New values in the projected status drop-down within SCF Mapping Intelligence are now present. The ability to export mapping data is also now included.
- Multiple frameworks can now be accessed in Mapping Intelligence as well as a new ability to filter by status.
- There is a new feature to enable SCAP and Custom SoR view and edit permissions within user management edit.
- Page numbering has been added the role management landing page.
- A new capability to delete an existing Sub-Framework within a system’s Advanced Configuration now exists.
- Artifacts activity history is now displayed for a compliance system’s artifacts to show the control mapping activities.
v5.4 – 2 Samuel
- A feature has been added to System Inheritance which allows for the auto-exchange of two linked system’s Latest Comments.
- There is a new ability to add single selection drop-down fields within Advanced System Registration.
- The POA&M Deficiency Report has been updated to include new fields such as responsible POC, resource estimate, changes to milestones, and milestone completion dates. The character limit of the POA&M fields has also increased to 5000. This ensures a complete POA&M Excel export.
- The ability to generate a System Security Plan (SSP) for NIST 800-171A Frameworks has been added.
- A new capability to view the changes to a custom filter in a Compliance System has been added.
- More asset data fields such as End of Life (EoL) have been added to the Assets Module. Additionally, custom fields are no longer updated by integrated connectors.
- A comment section has been included for all results in the SCAP module.
v5.3 – 1 Samuel
- Custom Notifications can now be configured and set for the custom attributes within the Assets module to ensure that any necessary changes for assets are being alerted to the designated individuals.
- A new Kanban view feature allows for a customizable board to organize compliance systems in the system list in the main Compliance dashboard.
- Improved capability to configure specific Government-related registration fields and forms for NIST RMF frameworks.
- Macros, or in other words variables, can now be implemented within a system using the options tab for rapidly changing keywords in the control implementation details.
- System Inheritance & inheritance rule configuration options for specific compliance frameworks have been placed within the settings configuration to improve efficiency through reciprocity for controls, statuses, and implementation details.
- Within a compliance system’s requirements, a new filter: “Search by Mapped Framework” has been added to quickly view only mapped controls.
- A new ability to Map SCAP Assets to controls in any compliance system from the SCAP module, just like standard assets to improve scoping of all assets to compliance.
v5.2 – Ruth
- Maintenance Release
v5.1 – Judges
- The Secure Controls Framework has been updated to version 2021.2 and now contains 31 additional controls.
- Paging has been added to Locations, Divisions, Departments, and Business Unit pages.
- Framework and SubFramework mappings now have the ability to be viewed and turned on or off in a compliance system’s requirements.
- SCAP assets can now be linked to the Compliance module.
- SCAP assets also may be linked from the Compliance module.
- Within the NIST CSF v_1.1 Framework, additional scales for As Is and To Be Maturity, as well as Effectiveness, have been enabled for bulk update.
v5.0 – Joshua
- Default risk and threat sub frameworks have been enabled in SCF systems.
- Ability to link multiple artifacts to a single or multiple controls.
- SCAP Improvements | Uploading XML’s on Display Screen, XML Deletion, Results Reordering, and Trend Widgets.
- New Default Status/Scale in CMMC highest maturity level systems.
- New feature to add Licensed Default Responses/Comments in a control.
- Custom SoR Bulk Records Updating | Reordering Enhancements.
- New capability to display only Active Tabs inside the tab customization menu for reordering compliance control panels.
v4.21 – Deuteronomy
- Any two Custom SoR or Asset fields may now have their positions swapped with each other within the respective settings area.
- New ability to map a compliance system to any configured Micro or Custom Framework.
- Additional attributes have been added to the Define phase of adding a new custom framework.
- CCI definitions are now displayed when hovering a mouse over the Identities CCI within the SCAP module.
- New capability to add a comment within any failed SCAP result.
v4.20 – Numbers
- Within the Requirements section of the Compliance module, the Timeline feature now displays more insight into actions performed within the platform along with the user who performed the action.
- POA&Ms can now be created for all accessible controls.
- All top navigation menu items can be reordered – within the platform navigate to Settings | Organizational Settings | Menu Customization. Icons are also now displayed alongside the menu names.
- New capability for many-to-many artifact/control mappings.
- New feature to create Custom SoR widgets based on the name, record type, and count of records
- Added the ability to create and store tags for the Assets & Custom SoR Modules.
- Capability to bulk update the Custom SoR Records and Fields.
v4.19 – Leviticus
- Updates to the SCF Framework include the ability to filter by Function Grouping and SCL Level. Within each SCF domain, Principal and Principal Intent are now displayed.
- Control navigation tabs can now be reordered in advanced configuration.
- Inline editing is now featured in Sub Frameworks, Assets, and SoRs.
- Pagination has been added for Assets and SoRs.
- New capability to import custom SoR fields and records from an excel sheet. Easily Save & Map the new custom fields and records.
- New Feature to add multi-line text boxes within Assets, SoRs & Sub Frameworks.
- Default fields may now be configured by selecting the gear icon and checking or unchecking the box next to the field name.
v4.18 – Exodus
- Ability to upload, manage, and view SCAP data/trends inside the new SCAP.
- Up to 5 Sub Frameworks can now be configured per instance.
- Updates to the Secure Control Framework (SCF) include: domain, subdomain, and ID modifications, the addition of a question per control, a new control filter called “function grouping”, control statuses, relative control weighting, and the ability to enable or disable status definitions.
- ISO 27001:2013 Framework updates include the new capability to select an ISO level and the addition of new controls.
v4.17 – Genesis
- New feature to Preview & Download the Artifact linked to a Control.
- Frequency was added as an attribute under Bulk Operations when assigning an Owner or Operator to a control.
- The mapped Control Percentages are now shown over Coverage Diagram & Coverage Grid.
- New ability to enable or disable the Policy Pack option under Advanced Configurations.
- The Character Limit for all Text Field and Text Areas has been increased.